"Развод" ?

Доброго дня всем.
Я в США человек новый, неопытный )) Поэтому прошу совета:
нашёл на креглисте работу. Драйвер. Заинтересовался. Написал, что я, такой то, не местный , что стаж вождения огого и права имеются.

На следующий день получил письмо:
Hello,
Thanks for the email and interest in the driving job. My name is James. I am a business man. I am seeking a good driver for my Mom who just moved to her new home.
Duties:
You will be driving her around the city for business purposes
I will like to let you know that this is a permanent job, it could also be temporary depending on your schedule. This job is 30 hour work week guarantee ( Mon- Thur ) 8am-4pm daily. Our expectations are neat appearance, have strong customer service skills, be proactive and have a good attitude.You are required to be dependable, dedicated, honest, loyal and trustworthy. I am willing to provide a 2014 Toyota Camry. You will be offered $20.00/hr and you will be working for 5 days in a week for 8 hours ( 8am-4pm ) each day. I would be sending you extra funds, that would cover a week’s salary and the balance would go to the Car company/agent that would bring the Car (2014 Toyota Camry) over to you.
It will be greatly appreciated if you accept this offer. I will look
forward to having a better service from you. Kindly get back with your
information in this order for proper verification and payment purpose if interested in this position:
Full Name on Check:
Residential Address in full:
Apt #:
City:
Province:
Postal Code :
Phone number ( Mobile Only ):
I would be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
James

ну я всё честно написал и отправил. Потом призадумался, что уж очень всё “сладко” как то.

Через пару дней пришло:
I got the information and I am fine with it. I will send all the necessary details concerning my mothers arrival date, car delivery and payment shortly. You will get your first payment along with the car delivery this week as discussed in the previous email. I`ll Update you with further instruction shortly. Congratulations once again. I want you to confirm the receipt of this email.

Вопрос:
в чём подвох?
Может кто сталкивался с таким?

Проверяйте деньги в банке каждый день и в будущем предложите вначале встретиться лично прежде чем выдавать всем подряд свою личную инфо.
Если вам переведут деньги и попросят прислать сдачу, то это явно мошенничество. Возьмите у вашего работодателя имя, адрес и пробейте по Гуглу. Скорее всего не найдете.

1 лайк

I would be sending you extra funds, that would cover a week’s salary and the balance would go to the Car company/agent that would bring the Car (2014 Toyota Camry) over to you.
this raises a huge red flag.

=

Если вам переведут деньги и попросят прислать сдачу, то это явно мошенничество.

1 лайк

классика жанра - вам пришлют чек на 100 баксов, потом письмо “ой тут такая фигня, мы вам по ошибке заслали чек на 100 баксов хотя должны были бы заслать на 20, не могли бы вы нам выслать 80 долларов”

Часто высылают, и даже иногда успевают отменить свои чеки, потому что чек на 100 баксов оказывается фальшивым, а высылали-то свои, настоящие. а если суммы еще меньше - то иногда и не заморачиваются пояснять банкам как там что было.

1 лайк

Это самое частое мошенничество. Еще могут на его имя открыть кредитки, если он свой SSN сообщит “работодателю”.

1 лайк

Residential Address in full:
Apt #:
City:
Province:
Postal Code :
С каких пор таким образом в США узнают адрес? Улицы нет, зато появилась провинция.

1 лайк

Это одна из причин, почему имеет смысл открыть LLC в каком-нибудь Делавэре. Тогда можно хоть на всех визитках писать EIN.

1 лайк

Что-то английский у Джеймса совсем не под стать имени

1 лайк

Спасибо. Про чеки - тему уже изучил. Как я понимаю, если не пытаться их обналичить или производить любых других действий - рисков не должно быть.
Про номера ССН и вод. прав вроде тоже понятно: ни под каким предлогом.
Продолжение видимо следует. Обязательно отпишусь.

ТС теперь надо быть особенно осторожным, чтоб не попасться на фейковую рассылку или телефонный звонок от его “банка” или кредитной компании, которые попросят “подтвердить” для них его SSN.

Вся остальная информация о ТС у “Джеймса” уже есть, осталось узнать SSN.

1 лайк

Спасибо. Учту.
Но я вот думаю, вроде ж ничего лишнего не передал. Такая инфа на любом конверте указана.

ну, почему? Вполне такой нигерийский стиль.

1 лайк

Первая ссылка в гугле по

“that would cover a week’s salary and the balance would go to the Car company/agent that would bring the Car (2014 Toyota Camry) over to you.”

Predators and Parasites: Personal Driver Scam - Craigslist

1 лайк

старый как мир развод

ну и вот )):

[i]I am glad to Inform you that the Check has been sent to you which would be delivered this Morning via US Postal Service. Below is the transaction Details.

When you Get the Check, take it to your bank and have it cashed or deposited and let me know when the bank says the check is available or has been cashed.
You are to deduct a week salary which is $500 and the send $980 go to the Car company/agent that would bring the Car 2014 Toyota Camry over to you through Money Gram Transfer to the information below and hold on to the rest of the money until I instruct you on what to do with the rest. I am sure there are Money Gram locations close to you.

My mom will arrive on the 19th from Chicago. You will be picking up her up from the airport.

Money Gram Service to Use:

Receivers Information:

Receivers Name : Nicole Y Campbell
Receivers City : Erie
Receivers State : Pennsylvania
Receivers Zip code : 16506

The Money Gram charges for the transfer is to be deducted from the money left after deducting $500.
You are to get back to me with the following once the transfer has been completed:

Money Gram 8 Digits Reference Number:
Amount Sent :
Amount Charged By Money Gram :
Your Full Name and address as on the Money Gram Slip :

Take good care of yourself and have a blessed day.[/i]

Спасибо всем за участие :flo:

как примитивно :frowning:

нет нынче выдумки

Сюда чиркните - StopFraud.gov - Report Fraud

Receivers Information:

Receivers Name : Nicole Y Campbell
Receivers City : Erie
Receivers State : Pennsylvania
Receivers Zip code : 16506

Я так подозреваю, что либо эту Николь тоже развели, либо она вообще не существует))

Там еще чек будет и конверт. Если ребят когда-нибудь поймают, то давать будут за каждый эпизод.

2 лайка