хотелось бы выслушать мнения (особенно Раевского).
I have been looking up on multiple threads and forums about what i am writing but with no success. If anyone has experienced anything similar let me know.
I applied for change of status i-485 based on my wife who is a US citizen.
- Application date April 15th 2005.
- Received application received notice April 17th 2005
- Biometrics completed April 18th 2005
- Received interview notice, EAD, Travel permit on June 7th 2005
- Interview on Feb 15th 2006 in NYC, Federal Plaza bldg.
- Approved for green card, ADO stamped passport for temporary I-551 and mentioned i will get my physical card in 4 weeks.
- After 8 weeks i had to write to the congressmen as i did not receive the card.
- 9 th week after interview date (April 23rd 2006 received the physical Card), Welcome notice.
Now starts the fun part…read carefully…
9. I travel to Switzerland and come back to US
10. I travel multiple times to Canada and come back.
11. In Dec 2006 i get a letter saying from USCIS saying if i aven’t received my card i need to apply for I-90
12. I disregard the notice as i have the card in my hand.
13. On August 1st 2007 i get a very unofficial looking letter, its actually a regular computer printout with my Alien # hand written and i have been asked to meet with ADO in NYC district office at Federal plaza in regards to official matter. Letter does not mention anything.
14. I go on August 10th 2007 i.e, today at 10 am to federal plaza NYC…(i am leaving in NJ currently but when i had initially applied i was in NY) and i happen to meet the same ADO officer who took my interview.
He says i need to surrender my green card as my actual approval date is August 1st 2007 and the reason is my name check just got cleared.
I start wondering what the heck… how did i get the approval in the first place and the card…no idea.
He makes me sign a paper takes my card and then i tell him now what do i do. I have to travel out of the country in 2 weeks. SO he send me for biometrics right away and has given me an appointment for August 22nd. He said he will make sure i get my new card with the new approval and expire date by then so i will have no trouble travelling.