Отмена membership спорт клуба

Впомнился один персонаж с ютуба. Его выперли из зала за то, что нарушал правила и скандалил, а теперь он воняет, что мол злобные негры-расисты ни за что выгнали простого русского парня из фитнес-клуба.

Поскольку матом здесь нельзя, я промолчу. :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/w6NnyDJVCJA

Так а его отовсюду выгоняют, не показатель.

Вообще конечно лояльное расторжение.

Я платил жене за клуб полгода впустую так как досрочное расторжение вообще не принимается.
Можно приостановить за 12$ в месяц. :slight_smile:

Я честно говоря вообще не понимаю негодования по этому поводу. ТС не проверил условия, хотя знал что
год заниматься не будет. Уведомил бы заранее никаких проблем не было бы. А подменять кредитку лично
я считаю мошенничеством.

В клубах Нью Йорка, где я узнавал это единственный нормальный официальный путь прекратить мембершип. Письмо с уведомлением

Я практически уверен, что письменное уведомление будет прописано в контрактах почти всех клубов. Во-первых, они так слегка прикрывают свою задницу, обеспечивая бумажный след, а то позвонит кто, представится Васей Пупкиным (а может даже и сам Вася позвонит), попросит отменить членство, а на следующий день настоящий Вася Пупкин не сможет попасть в клуб и оставит злобный отзыв на Yelp или вообще подаст в суд за неправомерное одностороннее расторжение контракта. Поди докажи, что он устно об этом попросил. Ну и вероятность того, что клиента заломает что-то там присылать или привозить и он будет продолжать платить, тоже есть, особенно в дешевых клубах по $10/мес - не без этого.

Но если уж клиент привёз/прислал бумажку, вряд ли кто-то будет специально тупить или “терять” её - заработанные на этом бабки не стоят геморроя с недовольным клиентом и испорченной репутации на Yelp/Google/Facebook. Хотя клубы-“козлы” с чудаками владельцами/менеджерами тоже есть, конечно.

Вот, например, соответствующий fine print из нашего соглашения:

MEMBER or MEMBER’s representative may cancel this agreement by notice sent by registered mail, return receipt requested, or personally delivered to the address of the health spa specified in the contract upon the customer’s death or permanent disability. The health spa may retain the portion of the total contract price representing the services used plus reimbursement for the expenses incurred in an amount not to exceed twenty-five per cent of the total contract price.

MEMBER may cancel this agreement by notice sent by registered mail, return receipt requested, or personally delivered, to the address of the health spa specified in the contract upon the customer’s change of permanent residence to a location more than twenty-five (25) miles from the health spa or an affiliated health spa offering the same or similar services and facilities at no additional expense to the member. The health spa may retain the portion of the total contract price representing the services used plus reimbursement for the expenses incurred in an amount not to exceed twenty-five per cent of the total contract price.

Any payments due prior to cancellation taking effect will still be due and payable. Your account must be current before any cancellation will take effect. To cancel for any of the above reasons, send or deliver a written notice to the CLUB or to the Designated Billing Company.

Причём это в обе стороны работает (должно, по крайней мере). Если обратить внимание, в приведенном выше видео, чуваку не просто закрыли контракт, а выдали бумажное уведомление (на 11:09).

Указывал адрес в Джерси, а не постоянный. Так получилось.

Вопрос про подписание контракта - я ничего не подписывал, на руках никаких контрактов нет. Получил 2 недели guest pass, когда закончились спросил на стойке как быть дальше, мне сказали что с карты снимут денег за месяц, подписей вообще никаких не было.

P.S. Понимаю, что сам лоханулся.

Видимо, поэтому и дали guest pass на две недели. :slight_smile:

Английский хороший? Может, недопоняли? Обычно, даже если это не контракт на год-два, а month-to-month, все равно будет стоять авто-чардж с кредитки, пока вы сами не отмените - как, собственно, у вас и произошло.

Ну, бумажные контракты вымирают потихоньку. Может, электронно на планшете что-то дали подписать? Прям пальцем на экране?

И, кстати, что за клуб?

Английский не очень, скорее всего так и было.

Так и было, правда все равно в таких случаях на почту приходят бумажки в электронном виде, видно у них такого нет.

newyorksportsclubs

Я не знаю как в Нью-Джерси, но, например, здесь в Аризоне клуб обязан предоставить клиенту договор. Скорее всего, в NJ тоже. Может, опечатка в е-мэйле при регистрации или в папку “Спам” попало?

А который именно? Их 21 штука в NJ. Хочу отзывы почитать про этот конкретный клуб - может они и правда клиентов регулярно за нос водят.

Не знаю, вроде все правильно забивал, а спам регулярно просматриваю.

Который в Bayonne

2.5 звёзд из 5 на Yelp
2.6 - Google Maps
3.9 - Facebook

И отзывы в духе:

The worst gym I’ve ever visited in my entire life… I have been trying to cancel my membership with these people for over 2 months and they continue to take me money out of my bank account- every single time I call they always tell me there is no manager at the moment- I guess that gym is run by pure idiots - they just took $53.00 for my anual membership —I’m furious right, they better put the money back into my bank account

If I could give it -1 stars i would. Very bad customer service from a local person. I wasn’t expecting that much of negative experience, from a local resident. First of all they failed to disclose the membership fee to us which we got charged +$150 for, it is not even money factor more so the fact that we didn’t sign any paperwork saying or informing us about such, and the lady that was helping us sign up while there were no reps available , NEVER even disclosed it to us. To make matters worst, the concern was brought to the manager, which she seemed unbothered and disgusted with our presence and our concerned, she didn’t even seem to want to help us,…She finally promised to waive the month membership for both of us, then 2 weeks later, get charged for a membership fee.

this is the second billing issue I have had!! I was billed a late fee even though i have autopay back in March was told they would refund me… guess what still no refund so I opted to leave the gym and what do you know the last month, this month, I was charged another late fee with no refund as well. Not sure who is in charge but both local and corporate were of no help. This is a great scam you guys are pulling off. I was a member for many years and now ill take my business elsewhere.

Absolutely ridiculous when it comes to billing! Don’t you go there! I signed a contract in 2012 and paid $150! sign up fee and was charged $22 monthly +annual fee $49. Then this January, 2017 suddenly they decided to increase the monthly fee to $32. Regardless that I have a contract with them and I was told that my monthly fee will not be increased they still did it and believe it or not overwrote my contract which is illegal to do. When I asked them about that they said: well it doesn’t say anywhere in the contract that we can’t increase the monthly fee so. Then they told me because I am a loyal customer my fee should have been $26 and I will be refunded for the month of January. So today is February 1st, I still have not been refunded and I was charged again $32. This is outrageous and so frustrating! I cannot believe this is happening for NYSC gym! It is not about the money it is about them doing whatever they want and it’s not right. I do not recommend trusting them with your credit card.

They are thieves! They have been STEALING money from my account for a freeze fee that I shouldn’t be charged for since I cancelled my membership already. One of the managers, Michael told me that it was a clerical issue and I would get refunded in 3-5 business days. It’s been 2 weeks and NOTHING has been credited to my account. I tried calling this gym countless of times! Either the manager isn’t present/too busy to take care of an aggravated customer OR the front desk is choosing not to answer my calls. DO NOT go to this gym unless you want awful customer service, and last but not least your hard earned money stolen from you. I’m currently getting in touch with a lawyer to get this issue resolved, since the customer service representatives aren’t competent enough to just make things right and give me back my money.

Very unhappy with the billing I sign up for 19 dollars and they increase my billing to 34 dollars without telling me. When I confronted them they said they will give me two months free and put me back to my original contract. Now they said I’m not paying my monthly dues and I cannot do exercise. I been calling many time but cannot reach Kevin who said I don’t need to pay for July and August. Check you bill you might have the same sad experience.

I have been trying to cancel my membership since AUGUST! It is now almost December and the club continues to charge my credit card. I went in person as they require to cancel in AUGUST! and have been following up with Camille the manager since then to no avail. Every time I try to call they (when I get thru) they just put me on hold. I have even tried emailing. Totally unacceptable!

Похоже, эти и правда козлы.

Отправьте им почтой письменное уведомление с подтверждением доставки (Return Receipt). Образцы - в гуглопоиске по “gym membership cancellation letter template” или типа того.

3 лайка

Огромное спасибо, так и сделаю

Impanix is the leading Trademark Registration service provider to US based companies. Protect your Product Name & Business Name with Impanix.