Практикуемся в английском

For some reason I thought that it will be a lot of interest to practice English. Well, I guess it was wrong idea. Wishful thinking from my side. :mda:

никогда не понимала цели таких топиков. К своим собственным ошибкам еще и ошибки других добавить? И зачем?

Hey dude! Why did you decide to study English? What a reason?

Hi, Kerrr.
Very soon I’ll be in the USA. I have to find a work to earn some money for me and my family. That’s the reason. I would like to get more practice and hope that it will help me a lot. Could it be interesting for you to communicate in English in this topic? I would be very glad to find some buddy to speak English

Hi, ЛЕНЬ.
You see the empty side of the glass, exactly as my wife. She don’t want to speak English with me, because I have horrible Russian accent (actually it’s very strange kind of accent that resembles Chinese and Indian accents), and I do a lot of mistakes in the language.

From other side, I can speak Hebrew and I studied the language via communication. Exist people that hate grammar, and very boring by traditional way of study. I am this kind of person. I love to communicate and that is my way to study new things

Hope this kind of explanation shed some light on the issue

Лень таки права.

1 лайк

Оно и видно! Еще один “ненавистник”, так часто звучит слово “ненавижу” на форуме…

Maybe she is right – for her. I don’t think that exist universal answer. Different people – different opinions, I guess we can name this diversity

Well, I think that word “dislike” would fit better than “hate”. Actually I don’t feel such intensive feeling. And mockinbird, thanks for your comments. I would be very glad if some person that, knows English language will participate in the discussion

I think that the way of communication is the right one. But only for start. Later it’s better to find a teacher or a book to learn a little bit about grammar. When we moved here I used a lot of small talks to everyone who saw and everywhere. And I’ve got some gains. But then I went to college classes ESL to study grammar.
And one advice - listen to the radio in English when you drive and watch movies in English. It helps a lot!

1 лайк

To say the truth, I tried to study grammar multiple times. The result was the same it was completely washed out of my brain in a month or two. I am accustomed to forget things that I don’t use.

To watch movies in English it’s great idea, actually sometimes I do it. Lately I watched video of Brian Bushee on accounting, that is Brain describes some aspects of accounting analysis of 3M company.

I am not working right now, so I have time for some fun staff, like this forum, study of accounting, investing and maybe bookkeeping (I bought the books but not yet started reading)

Are you studying something interesting this days?

Hey man listen what I’ll say. I’ve got the amazing book of English “Grammar in use intermediate” by Raymond Murphy. I paid about 15 bucks for this book in Amazon. I can find anything new from this book everyday. Awesome, man!

1 лайк

Thanks, I’ll check the book. It’s available third and fourth editions. Which one do you use?

Today I found interesting link on youtube Chapter 10 - Cash Receipts Journal - YouTube
It’s about filling Cash Receipts Journal manually. The manual data entry looks a little bit obsolete -)

You are welcome! I use third edition dated by 2009. I think the fourth one should be better. Thank you for link. It was funny))

Today, I wrote cover letter – to try and find some position in US. You are welcome to comment here or in original publication place

Ok. No answers. Well, let’s try to find interesting topic … for example let me share some thoughts with you.

I decided to rethinking the study concept. Lately, I was studying bookkeeping and accounting and somehow left over my securities industry preparation. I got so bored, eventually it is not inspiring me. So I decided to return to study of securities. I would like to be a trader, and ready to start from the bottom – but position supposed to be something connected to securities area

What about you?

Colleagues, the conversation in English between two (or even more) Russians will not increase their language level.

Today, I wrote cover letter – to try and find some position in US. You are welcome to comment here or in original publication place

Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, резюме.

You have to use the Google Drive to share and discuss the documents with unknown audience. The vBulletin forum doesn’t provide needed features to comment the documents like resume because it doesn’t support the formatting and inner structure like headings, etc.

Well in some ways it will. At least this interested person will notice that the subject noun precedes the verb.

Exist people…

May I disagree with you? Lets take active and passive vocabulary. I can read with no substantial difficulties, another situation I get when trying to express myself. It takes a lot of time to find right words. So conversation to each other helps to develop communication skills.

Good point. I’ll try the Google Drive next time. Can this unknown person change published document? In case that answer will be yes, if exist some track changes option in there?

alotta dead bodies in this B :smiley: