Просьба покритиковать резюме и кавер леттер Software Developer

Hi everyone!

Я живу в Украине и занимаюсь Java, но я хочу перейти на функциональный язык вроде Haskell. С этими технологиями пока работает мало компаний, но и специалистов не много. Мне кажется, что в таких условиях легче получить джоб оффер.

Резюме и кавер леттер делал по американским образцам. Неясно что писать в месте работы если я работал в украинской аутсорсной компании на американцев. Я указал обе компании, но это выглядит не совсем понятно.
Буду благодарен за любые замечания и критику.

Спасибо!

Vylozhite resume obychnym tekstom, esli xotite bolshe otvetov, nu ego nafig otkryvat .doc files

RESUME

John Doe

Date of Birth 04th Jan 1989
Marital status Single
Telephone +380 12 34 567
Email email@ gmail.com
Skype skypeaddress
Other {linkedin profile}

Summary

A results-driven analytical developer with strong CS background. Has good knowledge of the object-oriented and functional paradigms and aspiration to apply the latter in the real world. Experienced in developing and support of large corporate web-applications. Ready for business trips or relocation. Participates in the open source projects. Interested in applying the cutting edge technologies to create more robust and secure products.

Education

2005- 2011 National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute”
, Kharkiv, Ukraine
MS in Computer Science with honours, BS in Philology

Certificates
Brainbench: {link to brainbench}

Skills

Programming languages: Haskell, Java, C, JavaScript, SQL
Operating systems: experienced user of Windows and Linux
CS Fundamentals: compiler theory, lambda calculus, algorithms
Databases: Oracle, Sqlite, MySQL, basics of MongoDB
Web: HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, JSON, REST, JSP, JBoss
Tools: Cabal, GHC, ANT, Eclipse, JProfiler,
Testing: JUnit, HUnit, QuickCheck
Revision control: StarTeam, Mercurial, SVN, git
Enterprise content management systems: Documentum, Livelink
Other: x86 architecture, profiling, XML, regular expressions, parsing

Opensource

Created Haskell persistence library Groundhog
Added several features to the Haskell interpreter GHCi
Contributed to the command line library Haskeline
Contributed to database library direct-sqlite
Experience

Nix Solutions, Kharkov, Ukraine
Middle Java Developer, Sep 2008 - present
Remote outsourcing work for Liquent.

Liquent, Horsham, PA
Middle Java Developer, May 2009 – present
Member of an international development team developing a corporate web-application. Responsible for optimization, augmenting functionality and troubleshooting.

• Developed opensource persistence library Groundhog
Roles: architect, developer
Details: Groundhog is a high-performance Haskell library which allows saving user datatypes directly into the database, constructing safe queries and automatic scheme migration
• Implemented access control system for the SMB file backend
Roles: developer
Details: Replaced access to file shares using permissions given to the application server with the individual user credentials
• Developed an SQL where clause parser
Details: a library for building AST from where clause of SQL-like queries
• Developed a schema-independent tool for searching data in multiple tables for the Oracle database
Details: The tool facilitated maintenance work for an application with complex schema and no documentation
• Improved speed of Documentum and Livelink file management backends
• Improved application reliability and did troubleshooting for the customers
• Gathered requirements for the new functionality
• Refactored code and improved its quality
• Conducted a series of lectures about Haskell

Additional

H1B sponsorship required

COVER LETTER

Dear Mr. {someone},
I am writing to apply the for the {Software Engineer} position. I am enclosing my resume, link to my code and link to the LinkedIn profile with references.
The opportunity to work on {company expertise area} is very interesting and I believe that my broad technical experience and skills will make me very competitive candidate for this position. Functional programming is my passion, not only because of its high expressiveness, but, first of all, the correctness guarantees it can provide. As I think that correctness is the first priority, I am aware of many related technologies including testing, automatic theorem proving, and formal verification, which can be applied in {company}.
With MS degree from the top-tier university of my country and strong industrial experience of working in an international developer team, I have a full understanding of the software development project full lifecycle. I also possess self-organizational skills which are proven by my successful open-source activities.
Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.
I can be reached via email at sample@ gmail.com or my cell phone, +380 12 34 567 at 7-19 UTC.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.
Sincerely,
My Name

Moe mnenie, eto resume nado perepisyvat, naprimer Middle Java Developer - net takoj pozicii, est Intermediate Java Developer. Opisanie opyta voobsche ne ponjatno, snachalo idet chto to bez kakoj libo daty, zatem opyt v 2008, zatem v 2009, nu i tak dalee. Vrode by na etom forume kucha informacii dolzhna byt po napisanju resume, tak zhe v google. Ja dumaju shansy s takim resume na H1B - 0, xotja kto ego znaet, smotrja skolko prosit.

Я думаю, Вам зададут такой вопрос рано или поздно.
Почему Вы переходите с ОО языка на функциональный?

Вопрос довольно холиварный. Функциональные языки мне больше нравятся и постепенно набирают популярность. Не хочу расписывать их преимущества чтобы не менять тему обсуждения, но на собеседовании готов аргументированно ответить.
Как лучше отобразить в опыте опенсорсные проекты не связанные с работой, работу в украинской аутсорсной компании и работу контрактором на американскую, если все идет одновременно? Я работал с 2008 года на американцев неофициально(делал таски за других контракторов), в 2009 сам стал контрактором. Все примеры резюме, которые я видел показывют только последовательную смену компаний.

Если опенсорс делался в рабочее время за деньги фирмы, то его писать в рабочие занятия. Если нет - то надо подробнее рассказать, что делалось 3 года на работе и опенсорс написать в отдельном разделе. Поскольку работа по сути одна продолжающаяся, то ее можно объединить в один раздел примерно так:

Liquent, Horsham, PA
Java Developer, Sep 2008 – present
(in 2008-2009 as a contractor through Nix Solutions, Kharkov, Ukraine)

[ описание что сделано]

Ну, а про “доказательства корректности” - ха-ха-ха! Читать тут: The Proven Fix - The Daily WTF

Кстати, брейнбенч можно выбросить. Он как явление - смехотворное.

1 лайк