Atonement

Genres: Drama, Romance, Adaptation and War
Running Time: 2 hrs. 2 min.
Release Date: December 7th, 2007 (limited)
MPAA Rating: R for disturbing war images, language and some sexuality.
Starring: James McAvoy, Keira Knightley, Saoirse Ronan, Brenda Blethyn, Vanessa Redgrave

In the summer of 1935, 13-year-old Briony Tallis observes a flirtation between a servant’s son, Robbie, and her older sister, Cecilia, that she childishly misconstrues. Briony’s misunderstanding leads to a terrible crime whose consequences follow them through World War II.

может быть небольшой спойлер

ИМХО лучший фильм 2007 года. не зря столько номинаций и наград (чего я не могу сказать о фильме Michael Clayton:mda: игра актеров, сьемки, музыка, костюмы… все на высоте… после фильма остется не совсем понятное ощущение, для сортировки которого еще понадобится несколько часов. во многомтом виной конец фильма… не [happy end], но happy end. да и по фильму каждый прав в силу обстоятельств и возраста…
краткое содержание: I know you believe you understand what you think I said, But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

russian de******ion

Absolutely the best film of the year! Keira for Oscar!
Единственное “но” у фильма: люди, которые любят супер динамические сюжеты современности могут недооценить этот фильм. Мне очень понравилось, но я вижу как кто-то может сказать что в первой половине фильма слишком много разговоров и мало действия. Очень понравилась концовка - didn’t see it coming AT ALL!=0 (с тем как я люблю фильмы и сколько я их смотрю удивить окончанием меня сложно)

P.S. Book is awesome too!!!

Plagiarism!!! My phrase!!! :wink:

don’t spoil it for me, people. I love Keira, and I want to see the movie sooo much!

not yours…u got it from someone else :wink:
question for you(and anybody who watched and wants to pitch in) in white font
we had a heated discussion… what do you think was the primary motive of the little one to do what she did? jealousy or looking out for sister?

И где тебе ответить? Discussion in white? LOL :slight_smile:
Всем кто собирается смотреть фильм не читать моё сообщение дальше.

So there’s girl. She’s a kid, and like practically any kid she wants to be taken seriously + she’s in love. She realizes that the guy ignores her and when she tries to get his attention he just gets pissed off and thinks she’s being silly when that’s uncalled for. Then she sees things she doesn’t completely understand and interprets them the way the guy becomes bad and evil. She interprets it that way even more so because she realizes the guy likes her sister. Naturally she is upset and jealous and grabs every single opportunity to make other people and herself to see him in bad light. What she did she did out of childish jealousy and childish desire of revenge. Otherwise it wouldn’t be so hard for her to tell the truth afterwards and she wouldn’t feel obligated to “give them their happiness” - there is a difference between regretting something you did on selfish motives, knowing you lied on purpose and regretting something you did because you thought it was the right thing to do. The case definitely wasn’t the latter.

P.S. Once I finish the book I’ll be able to give more clarification on the subject :slight_smile:

Ты б может своё мнение тоже высказала? :wink: