Иммиграционная реформа, амнистия, судьба лотереи и пр.

Wiki:
For employment based green card applicants, your priority date needs to be current to apply for Adjustment of Status (I485) at which time you can apply for EAD

По срокам I-140 ждать где-то полгода (это от знакомых слышал). Нужно получить еще Labor Certification для подачи на I-140.

1 лайк

Я просто пытался объяснить, что если оформление ГК идет по EB-2 процессу, то для получения EAD не нужно дожидаться i-140 и соответственно этот рул вообще не играет никакой роли

Этот рул очень даже имеет значение. Согласно ему, можно будет файлить EAD для H-4 даже имея зафайленный PERM. Если PERM попадает на аудит, то дело может затянуться на пару лет.

от момента заполнения до аппрува может пройти от 14 рабочих дней (premium processing, no RFE) до полугода и более (regular processing)

1 лайк

PERM (Labor Certification) - это шаг до I-140. Это правило говорит про то, чтоб можно было получить EAD при подтвержденном I-140. А I-140 - это шаг после PERM, но никак не до.

Вывод: EAD нельзя будет получать при PERM пока он в процессе (даже если он завершен - это не имеет значения). Только при подтвержденном I-140.

As originally proposed, the rule would allow an H-4 nonimmigrant to apply for employment authorization if his or her H-1B spouse (1) is the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 immigrant worker petition; or (2) is the beneficiary of a labor certification application or an I-140 petition that was filed on his or her behalf 365 days or more in the past and is seeking or has obtained an extension of H-1B status beyond the sixth year on the basis of the pending permanent residence case.

Ох, это касается супругов тех, кто продляет H-1b свыше 6 лет на основании зафайленного PERM. Казнить нельзя помиловать (с) Ох уж эти естественные языки. Конъюнкции, дизъюнкции…

1 лайк

Immigranty boiatsia vospol’zovat’sia iniciativoi Obamy. Boiatsia potomu chto respublikanskii prezident otmenit iniciativu Obamy, a esli oni dobrovol’no soobscat o sebe vse dannye, to budut nemedlenno deportirovany s prihodom respublikanskogo prezidenta. Logika ochevidna.

И кроме нелегалов всем профит.
Демократы в лице Обамы: мы такие хорошие, мы все для вас сделали, что смогли.
Республиканцы: мы обещали, что так не будет? Значит не будет. Поэтому мы все отменяем.

Sud vremenno blokiroval samodeiatel’nost’ Obamy - Техасский судья остановил иммиграционную реформу Обамы - BBC News Русская служба
Poka chto s cel’iu dat’ protivnikam vremia vyskazat’ v sude argumenty.

2 лайка

Ugu.

I glava DHS tut zhe gnevno otvetil:

[i]Statement by Secretary Jeh C. Johnson Concerning the District Court’s Ruling Concerning DAPA and DACA

I strongly disagree with Judge Hanen’s decision to temporarily enjoin implementation of Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) and expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The Department of Justice will appeal that temporary injunction; in the meantime, we recognize we must comply with it.

Accordingly, the Department of Homeland Security will not begin accepting requests for the expansion of DACA tomorrow, February 18, as originally planned. Until further notice, we will also suspend the plan to accept requests for DAPA.

The Department of Justice, legal scholars, immigration experts and even other courts have said that our actions are well within our legal authority. Our actions will also benefit the economy and promote law enforcement. We fully expect to ultimately prevail in the courts, and we will be prepared to implement DAPA and expanded DACA once we do.

It is important to emphasize what the District Court’s order does not affect.

The Court’s order does not affect the existing DACA. Individuals may continue to come forward and request initial grant of DACA or renewal of DACA pursuant to the guidelines established in 2012.

Nor does the Court’s order affect this Department’s ability to set and implement enforcement priorities. The priorities established in my November 20, 2014 memorandum entitled “Policies for the Apprehension, Detention and Removal of Undocumented Immigrants” remain in full force and effect. Pursuant to those enforcement priorities, we continue to prioritize public safety, national security, and border security. I am pleased that an increasing percentage of removals each year are of those convicted of crimes. I am also pleased that, due in large part to our investments in and prioritization of border security, apprehensions at the southern border – a large indicator of total attempts to cross the border illegally – are now at the lowest levels in years.[/i]

1 лайк

To est’ eto kasaetsya tol’ko nelegalov-DREAMerov and roditeley grazhdan USA ?

Vse ostal’noe poka v sile ?

Sud ne blokiroval izmenenii, vnesennyh v 2012 godu. Sud zablokirovan rasshirenie DACA i priniatie DAPA, kotorye planirovalis’ na zavtra (eto posledniaia iniciativa Obamy, kotoraia poka ne vstupila v deistvie i doljna byla vstupit’ v deistvie zavtra)

Время покажет, что будет с лото GC.

Vot eto lyuboputno:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director León Rodríguez announced today that, effective May 26, 2015, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is extending eligibility for employment authorization to certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are seeking employment-based lawful permanent resident (LPR) status. DHS amended the regulations to allow these H-4 dependent spouses to accept employment in the United States.

Eto vse takzhe kak planirovalos’ ranee - tol’ko dlya teh suprugov H1-B kotorue uzhe v processe polucheniya EBGC ?

Tak bylo s 12 maia 2014. Federal Register :: Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses
Vas interesuet kak planirovalos’ do 12 maia 2014?

dekabr’ 2012 - Proposal for H-4 Spouse for EAD in Limited Circumstances - Murthy Law Firm | U.S Immigration Law

Thus, the stated intention is to limit the H-4 EAD to situations in which the H1B primary applicant has initiated the permanent residence (green card) process and extended H1B status on that basis.
Dostatochno davno?

Получается, что те кто на H4 (супруги), могут подать на разрешение на работу, если I-140 была одобрена. Документы можно подавать после 26 мая 2015 года.

DHS Extends Eligibility for Employment Authorization to Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses of H-1B Nonimmigrants Seeking Employment-Based Lawful Permanent Residence | USCIS

Ne tol’ko oni. Escio chei suprug na H-1 uje 6 let imeet H-1

ну да, и в этой ситуации тоже. Но получается, что эта категория, тоже в ожидании получения GC, т.к. максимальный срок работы по H1B - 6 лет

Da

А какой порядок будет, интересно: нужно сначала найти потенц.работу или просто получается нечто типо разрешения на работу в целом…и потом ищи в любой сфере?