интервью в Ереване

с другого форума

I would like to share my experience with you and other members of this forum hoping to get some helpful information from all:
-My brother won DV-2007 and was scheduled for Jan-10 2007 in US Embassy in Yerevan. When he and his family arrived, the person who accepted docs at the first window after reviewing my brother’s docs, told my brother that he is not eligible for this program and he should not pay the fee ($755 per person) because his visa will be denied and he will loose all moneys since they are not-refundable.
This person explain why my brother is not eligible: because he has a 8-years of school completed instead of 10 years. All other docs looked good, this was the only one reason.
According to the program rules, the eligible is determined based on the following: "“Applicant must meet either the education or training requirement of the DV program.
Education or Training: An applicant must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform”.
So my brother has a 6+ years of working experience.
to shorten this story : at that first interview my brother agreed and just turned over and went home. No paper of denial was issued to him.
After that I called embassy and spoke to that same person, and he said your brother can come for a new interview. I told this guy that the eligibilty must be based on two OR factors- education /or work experience.
so at the second interview, I gathered an affidavit of support for each of my brother’s family members including bank’s /work’s verifications and also the pre-arranged employemnt letter from here in US and sent to my brother so he can present additional docs to the officer.
Ok, once there, this person again told my brother that don’t pay the money because a US consul would like to meet w/you. And he didn’t even bother himself to reveiw newly presented docs. And the consular explain to my brother the samething that he is not eligble because he didn’t completed 10 years educ program at school and that’s it.
No denial papers were issued again simply because you need to pay the fees and then officer issues that letter.
So my brother has nothing in his hands except verbal explanation by consul that he is not eligible.
So I am asking if anybody was in the same situation and how it was handled?
Can anybody help me on this question? what should my brother do? where else to go?
I have been trying for this lottery for 10 years and 2006 was a winner’s year for my brother.

оказалось, что молодой человек был сантехником ([plumber]), и этот опыт не учитывается в ДВ.

вот инструкции к определению:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1319.html

Хммм… Интересно что будет в DV-2008. Пункт об образовании подправили и думаю не случайно… :coffee:

Мне кажется, что профессия сантехника не относится к таким, что требуют 2-хлетнего обучения. Так было указано по правилам?
О, нашла в переводе правил:
ЛИБО двухлетний опыт работы в течение последних пяти лет по профессии, требующей профессиональной подготовки или опыта работы в течение как минимум двух лет

именно поэтому он визу и не получил. Профессия сантехника - категория 3, а нужно, чтобы профессия была в категории 4-5 для того, чтобы “признаваться” в лотерейной программе, как работа, требующая двухлетнего обучения.

Жалко человека. Выиграть но не получить визу по такой причине…
Хорошо хоть что деньги не платил.

наверное, нужно было правила лотереи заранее читать - сестра по-английски пишет/читает свободно, могла бы и прочесть.

I fully agree!

Я бы пожалела, что выигрыш был так обидно профукан, а ведь мог достаться кому-то другому, который соблюл все правила.

Обидно, что из-за того, что человек не ознакомился с правилами все пропало. А мог ведь сдать экзамены и получить атестат в вечерней школе. Сколько было времени с того момента как он узнал о выигрыше…

Вопрос aydin был перенесён на http://www.govorimpro.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2400

1 лайк

Вопрос aydin почему были перенесены его сообщения перенесён на http://www.govorimpro.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2401

Takoy sluchay bis moimi sosediami. Mi iz Yerevana. Viigral muzh sosedki. Togda zayavki zapolnialis pismenno s podpisiu, esli pomnite. U nevo tozhe 8 letnee obrazovanie, potom uchilsia v PTU (proftexuchilishe). Poexali v Moskvu vsey semioy. Chestno govoria ne pomniu, platili oni tam ili net, prosto pomniu, im otkazali iz-za 8 letnevo obrazovaniya. Oni vernulis obratno. Za 1 mesiats sosed “kupil” attestat, to est po idee vozmozhno sdat ekzameni i poluchit attestat. On snova, uzhe odin, poletel v Moskvu. Emu opiat otkazali. Skazali, shto po pravilam, on ne mozhet za odin mesiats sdat vse ekzameni i poluchit attestat.
Vot tak.

За аттестат надо было заранее подумать. Знали ведь правила.

1 лайк

У меня среднее оброзавание(аттестат) и профессия по определению O*Net online находится в третьей зоне. Значит если даже я выиграю DV2009 то шансы получить визу ровны к нулю ?

Почему же? Отвечаете условиям. Если ко всему будет письмо поддержки от друзей из штатов или доки финансовой состоятельности, то все будет :ok: .

2 лайка

Скорее всего будет документ о финансовой состоятельности (недвижимость в Москве).