Потеряли (украли) money order "moneygram".

Ситуация… Муж в Волмарте сделал 2 мани ордера, положил в карман, купил молоко и приехал домой с пустыми карманами. Сразу вернулся в Волмарт, там сказали что кто-то принес один ордер (на маленькую сумму), а на большую значит нет. Восстановили номер ордера, позвонили в Moneygram, чтоб заблокировать как-то. Там ответили чтоб заполнили какую-то бумажную форму, выслали им по почте и в течении какого-то времени они вернут деньги. НО, если кто-то обналичит наш ордер до этого времени, они ничего поделать не могут.
Может кто сталкивался с подобной ситуацией? Какие еще варианты решения проблемы есть?

What Happens If Someone Steals My Money Order? | The Classroom | Synonym

Handling Money Orders
If someone steals a money order, the first thing to do is file a police report. You may need the report as documentation for the issuer of the money order. The process of getting your money back or getting a replacement is simpler if you followed a few basic steps when you purchased the money order. Always fill out the name and address of the payee when you buy a money order. This makes it harder for a thief to cash it. Blank money orders can be filled out and cashed by anyone. Keep the tear-off receipt that comes with the money order and record the serial number.

…MoneyGram uses the term [b]claim card[/b]

Cashed Money Orders
When a money order is cashed before the inquiry is complete, you receive a resolution letter and a photocopy of the cashed money order. Money Talks News says to contact the person or business who is the intended payee to determine if the payee signature is genuine or fake. Contact the issuer of the money order again so it can investigate. Banks aren’t supposed to cash a money order for someone who does not have proper identification, so the issuer will try to recover the money. However, there is no guarantee you will get your money back when the money order has been cashed.

интереса ради, сумма большая была?

1 лайк

Да вот какая-то дурацкая система, почему нельзя заблокировать этот ордер? Все данные им сообщили, но нет, пишите письмооо. Завтра экспресс -почтой отправим форму.
Может в полицию доедем, может подскажут что(.
Нормальная сумма(

А я бы послал имейл уже сейчас же. ну и почтой потом.

сказали только почтой(. Завтра с утра еще раз будем звонить, но думаю напрасно все(((

вот нашла на просторах интернета, совсем не обнадеживает(

"I was in walmart 2 days ago, and needed to buy a Money order. I hardly ever buy Money Orders. After buying the MO , I placed it, along with other papers I was carrying in the child section of the cart.I then did a small amount of shopping (1 bag) As I walked out of the store I grabbed the bag , leaving the cart near the entrance along with the papers and the MO. As I got to my vehicle I realized my mistake and ran back, the cart was left unattended for about 30 seconds…the store was not at all crowded. When I got back the papers were already missing, there was an employee arranging the carts , I asked him what happened to the papers , he said he threw everything out, thinking it was garbage and claimed there was no MO. I went through the garbage and there was no MO. but all the other papers were there. I then went back to the counter to have them stop payment , they got Moneygram on the phone and I was told that they could not stop payment on a blank MO. I had the receipt which printed out a unique serial number of the MO. In the meantime , a local police officer came by to find what was going on, he said they wouldn’t do anything since I left the MO in the cart, but store security said they would review the camera footage. That was June 15th. I went back to the store today June17th and talked to store security ,he said he reviewed the footage but couldn’t find anything, he also added that walmart is cheap and hardly has any cameras, most are fakes, and the few they do have are low resolution and are at the wrong angles.

The clerks at the money center and Moneygram said a blank MO is like cash and you should fill out the make payable section before leaving the counter, there is no sign that says this, and they don’t tell you this.

I found out today, June 17th that the MO was cashed on June 16th

I believe Moneygram is most negligent for not stopping payment, or not being able to stop payment. I also believe Walmart is somewhat negligent for not having posted a sign advising customers to fill out the pay to section before leaving the counter."

отправьте им claim card.
вам остается только ждать и надеятся на то, что MO не будет использован в срок, необходимый для положительного рассмотрения вашего claim.

Отправили…
Т.к. мани ордер был не заполненный, срок рассмотрения до 65 дней. Если ордер не обналичат, то вернут деньги за вычетом какой-то коммисии. Если обналичат, то за дополнительную плату нам вышлют фотокопию операции обналичивания нашего ордера, с которой можно будет обратится в суд.
Т.ч. что упало -то пропало. Как с наличкой получается(.

На данный момент ордер наш еще не обналичен, и зная все его номера мы ничего сделать не можем. Немного неожиданно(.

Подобные ситуации не редкость, судя по найденным отзывам.

Т.ч. будьте осторожны.

1 лайк